Friday, May 18, 2012

Operation Bandana


Check out this wonderful ministry for our troops called 


What started out with one military wife and mother of two military sons has turned from a local effort into a national wave of support for our troops.  


 This is the bandana.  (They have different patterns / shades for each branch of the military). 



Psalm 91 is written onto it. 



This is the front of the card sent with it. 


This is the back. 





Sunday school classes, women's groups, classrooms, sports teams, scouts, preschoolers to seniors 
have sat around tables since 2006 carefully folding these precious bandanas and packing them into sandwich sized baggies.  

 200,823 have been sent as of this writing. 



Mrs. Mary Bass Gray has now published her first book telling how this simple heartfelt passion of her's has turned into a nationwide fever!  I read it in one night:  I cried.  I had goosebumps.  I felt scared for the troops.  I felt sorrow for their families.  I felt elation as I read the letters from the troops that received a bandana.

I closed the book with wet cheeks feeling so proud to be an American!!

  I will forever be changed. 

I urge you to check out the website - order the book.  You WILL NOT be disappointed!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...