Friday, May 11, 2012

We're going to have baby Canadian geese

Behind one of our buildings on the farm is a large pond.  
This year a pair of Canadian geese decided to nest there.

How cool.
Grabbed the boys, my camera and some bread 
and took off.





Five HUGE eggs. 



They obviously were a little skeptical and stayed away during our short visit.  We left some bread, took some photos and headed home. 


Just a neat old tree on the way out on the dirt road. Can only imagine the woodpeckers that have a time with it :)

2 comments:

  1. Oh I bet that was neat to find! I know we have some nests around our creek but haven't found them yet! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, you need to go look. My hubby said that some have hatched already - I have been meaning to take the boys down and see the babies. :)

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...